Sr. Network and System Engineer/DevOps Engineer Open Learning Exchange Nepal email@example.com(PGP)(http://bikramdhoju.com.np/assets/files/bikram-pgp.txt)
I am a tech savvy person with immense intrest in linux system and network. I have over 3 year experience in the software industry and horned my skill predominently in server provisioning, security and software development.
A team player with strong interpersonal skills and possess a flexible and detail oriented attitude. An efficient key player in challenging & creative environments with excellent capacity to adapt to new technologies and skills. I have a clear, logical mind with a practical approach to problem solving and a drive to see things through to completion.
- Centos and Ubuntu kickstart and tuning
- Linux router development in 2 interface system with iptable port forwarding.
- Private DNS server development with DNS sinkholing using Bind9.
- Fileserver system with SMB and owncloud
- Intrusion Detection using fail2ban
- Advance bash scripting, python(both scripting and web programming)
- Distributed deployment using Kubernetes and Docker swarm
- Continous Integration: Jenkins & CircleCI
- Configuration management: Ansible
- Virtualisation: Vagrant
Centralized log management: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- Django and Flask framework for python
- MVC understanding
Asynchronous task handling with Celery and RabbitMQ(as data broker)
- A basic understanding of layouts and views
- Activities and their lifecycle
- RestFULL API with retrofitting parsing
- Storing data
- Collection views (like ListViews and Recycler View) and Adapters (default and custom)
- Action Bar
- Push Notification with GCM and Firebase
- Git and Mercurial
Sr. Network and System Engineer / Tech Lead Open Learning Exchange, Nepal | June 2015 - Present
- Building IT solutions, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data and perform script maintenance and updates of office servers.
- Lead strategic as well as tactical efforts to architect, implement, monitor, and improve 24/7 network operations of servers.
- Reseach to integrate new technology to education on the basis of predefined constraints.
- Develop customized Linux routers and file servers.
- Closely work with the partner organization which includes OLE Intl and OLE Ghana to collaborate edtech projects
- Contribute the team in updating and upgrading the NEXS (customized OS for offline E-Library deployments)
- Assist in integrating and releasing content for E-Library for online and offline deployments.
- Train teachers on the use and maintenance of E-Pustakalaya server.
- Support schools to maximize the use of digital resources in E-Library
System Engineer F1Soft International| Dec 2014-June 2015
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Walk clients through the products.
- To recommend system and bring positive change to existing infrastructure.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
1. WIRELESSNAKSHA:WIRELESS ASSESSMENT SYSTEM
WirelessNaksha is the crowd-sourcing based project centered on the collection of wireless information from the users around the valley. Crowd-sourcing is performed using an Android app and visualization on web application.
- Creating skeleton application UI using eclipse IDE.
- Truly MVC structure application.
- Strictly follow Activity Life Cycle with keep in mind Process Service Life Cycle.
- Intent (explicit, implicit), Multi-threading.
- Map Activity, Map Controller, LocationManager, Location Listener.
- MySQL and Sqlite synchronization
- Telephony and Broadcast Receiver
Supervisors: Dr. Nanda Bikram Adhikari ,Prof. Pulchowk Campus Dr. Omprakash Gnawali,Asst. Prof Houston University,Houston,US Mr. Topraj Gurung, Software Engineer at Facebook Inc., Silicon Valley,US
2. E-Pustakalaya (E-Library)
E-Pustakalaya is a library management system that can be used to handle basic bookkeeping function of a library. It is under development. With its ample use of python libraries to store dynamic content provides user-friendly user interaction. Doc. http://pustakalaya.readthedocs.io/index.html Team Member: Lead System Engineer/ DevOps: Bikram Dhoju Lead Software Devloper: Manoj Gautam Software develper: Bhojraj Karki
- Python’s popular Django framework
- Lightening search of approx. 8000 digital contents with Elastic search integration
- Celery integration with for asynchronous tasks as pdf to image conversion.
- Deployment with Docker swarm for the system integrity.
- Postgres Replication Streaming for backup.
- Elasticsearch,Logstash Kibana for centralized log management and fault tolerance.
Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engineering Pulchowk Campus,IOE, TU | 2010 - 2014 Elective: Networking with IPv6 and Remote Sensing
INTERMIDIATE PCM Major Kathmandu Don Bosco College, Nepal | 2009-2010 Physics,Chemistry and Maths
School Leaving Certificate (SLC) Tarapunja Education Academy,Pokhara,Nepal